Mexican Rice Ingredients with Beans
- Rice (long-grain "Basmati") 450 grams
- Chicken broth (strained) 400 milliliters
- Canned beans (red in tomato sauce) 1/2 can (capacity 500 milliliters)
- Onions (red or white) 1 piece (medium)
- 5-prong garlic (medium)
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli (fresh, minced) 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Beans, Onions, Garlic, Rice
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineMexican Cuisine
Bowl, canned key, kitchen knife, cutting board, measuring cup (for broth), paper kitchen towels, stove, deep non-stick pan or pan with a lid (3-4 liter capacity), wooden kitchen spatula, deep bowl, tablespoon plate.
Mexican Rice Cooking with Beans:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, we spread rice on a clean countertop, sort it out, while removing any kind of litter, and pour the grains of grain into a clean, dry dish.
Then, using a canned wrench, open a jar of red beans in a tomato. Next, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onion and garlic. We wash them with chili peppers under trickles of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a cutting board and grind them.
We cut the onion into 1 centimeter cubes, and simply chop the garlic finely. Cut a small part from the chili pepper, chop it with medium cubes 3-4 mm wide and pick up only 1 tablespoon. After that, put on the kitchen table the remaining products that you will need to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: cook Mexican rice with beans.
We send to a medium fire a deep non-stick pan with a thick bottom or a deep pan or wok and pour in the right amount of olive oil. After a few minutes, when the fat warms up, carefully put chopped onions, garlic and red chili peppers in it.
Stew vegetables 9-10 minutes to transparency and softness. Then pour rice there, fry it for 2-3 minutes, stirring vigorously with a wooden kitchen spatula, and fill with chicken stock. Season everything to taste with salt and bring to a boil. Next, reduce the fire to the smallest level, cover the cereal grains with a lid and cook them until they absorb the entire broth, this process will take about 15-20 minutes. Then remove them from the stove and let it brew for 5-7 minutes.
Then we transfer the boiled rice into a deep bowl, add half a can of canned beans in tomato, a little salt, black pepper and, if desired, a little finely chopped favorite greens, such as parsley, dill or basil. We mix everything with a tablespoon until a homogeneous consistency, lay out the resulting dish on plates and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve Mexican rice with beans.
Mexican rice with beans is served immediately after being cooked warm. Such food can be considered as the main second vegetarian dish, as well as a side dish. Very often it is served along with fresh vegetable salads or dishes of meat, poultry, fish, game and seafood. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- an alternative to olive oil - any other vegetable, for example, sunflower refined, and red chili - green;
- sometimes use ordinary non-canned beans, which are soaked in cold running water for 6-8 hours. Then, after boiling, it is boiled for 50-60 minutes until fully cooked, and then it is thrown back into a colander so that the glass is excess liquid. Chicken is replaced with a broth from under it, and vegetables in this case are stewed with tomato paste or blanched and finely chopped tomatoes;
- if desired, you can add to the set of vegetables diced sweet salad pepper;
- very often 50-60 milliliters of dry white wine or a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and granulated sugar are added to the broth, these ingredients give the boiled rice a certain pleasant acidity;
- some Mexican hostesses season the finished dish with dried herbs, for example, mint, paprika, savory, coriander, oregano and ground leaf of laurel.