Ingredients for Cooking White Fish Steak
- White fish steak (fresh, peeled halibut) 3 pieces
- Ground red pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1 pinch
- Salt to taste
- Lemon half
- Vegetable oil 2 teaspoons
- Curry leaves for decoration (optional) to taste
- Main Ingredients: Halibut, Lemon
- Serving 3 servings
- World Cuisine
Teaspoon, Manual juicer, Deep plate, Paper kitchen towels, Knife, Plate - 2 - 3 pieces, Plastic wrap, Refrigerator, Stove, Frying pan with lid, Silicone kitchen spatula
Cooking white fish steak:
Step 1: prepare the marinade paste.
First of all, we cook marinade. Using a manual juicer, squeeze the juice from half a lemon into a deep plate. In the same container we put 1/2 teaspoon of red ground pepper, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, a pinch of black ground pepper and salt to taste. Mix all the spices with citrus juice to a homogeneous consistency, you should get a thick paste of reddish-brown hue.
Step 2: prepare and pickle the steaks of white fish.
Then we take three steaks of fresh halibut and wash them under cold running water from any kind of pollution. After, we dry the fish with paper kitchen towels to prevent excess moisture. Helping ourselves with an ordinary kitchen knife, we apply a thin layer of spicy paste on each steak, as if we were smearing butter on bread. We shift the steaks to a clean plate, tighten it with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator. Pickle fish for 30 minutes.
Step 3: prepare a steak of white fish.
After 30 minutes we remove the fish from the refrigerator and remove the plastic film from the plate. Turn on the stove to the level between small and medium. We put on it a pan with 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil. When the oil heats up a bit, put the halibut steak in the pan, cover the container with a lid and cook the fish 5 minutes.
After, remove the lid from the pan and use a kitchen spatula to turn the steak on the other side. Fry it, not covering, yet 5 minutes. In the same way, cook the remaining steaks. Then we lay the fish on plates, decorate each serving with curry leaves and serve a fragrant dish to the table.
Step 4: serve the white fish steak.
White fish steak is served hot or warm. At will, each serving is decorated with branches of any favorite greens: dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or curry. As a side dish for this dish, you can serve boiled pasta, boiled rice, mashed vegetables or salads from fresh vegetables. Also, white fish steaks can be served along with sauces that are based on tomatoes or cream. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- A set of spices can be supplemented with any spices that are suitable for cooking fish dishes.
- Instead of vegetable oil, you can use butter or cream margarine.
- Instead of lemon juice, you can use lime juice.
- This type of steak is best prepared in a non-stick pan with a thick bottom or in a pan with a Teflon coating.
- In the same way, you can cook a steak of halibut, cod, pikeperch, pollock or other white fish.