Ingredients for cooking pork in a slow cooker
- Pork (fresh neck) 1 kilogram 200 grams
- Sea salt 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
A kitchen scale, a teaspoon, a crock-pot, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a silicone kitchen spatula - 2 pieces, a large flat dish or plate.
Cooking pork in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the meat.
For baking, the ideal option is a fresh pork neck, it is quite oily, soft, so in any case it will turn out to be dry and tender. It is desirable that this ingredient easily mixes into the multicooker bowl, without touching its side walls, and weighs less than 1.5 kilograms, otherwise the dish will not bake well inside. First, wash the selected piece under streams of cold running water, dry with paper kitchen towels and, if it is very large, cut it into 2 equal parts with a sharp kitchen knife. In our version, this will be the whole part of the neck, we remove veins, excess fat, and also small bones from it that almost always remain on the meat after chopping the carcass. Next, lay out on the countertop the remaining products that will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: cook the pork in a slow cooker.
Rub the pork on all sides with sea salt, sprinkle with black pepper, put into the bowl of the multicooker and carefully read the instructions for the kitchen appliance. Then we select the mode in which you can adjust the temperature, for example, "Baking". Install on the scoreboard 130 degrees and time 45 minutes. We close the multicooker with a lid, turn on the "Start" button and start cooking other equally tasty dishes or a side dish for meat.
45 minutes later the kitchen appliance will turn off, with the help of two silicone kitchen blades we turn the neck with the browning side up, we act slowly, so as not to damage the Teflon coating of the multicooker! After that, we again cover the machine with a lid and turn on the same mode again 130 degrees and 45 minutes.
As a result, through 1,5 hour the dish will be ready, but you should not get it right away. Just turn off the slow cooker and let the meat brew 7-10 minutes. After that, we serve it to the table on a large flat dish.
Step 3: serve the pork in a slow cooker.
Pork in a slow cooker is a multifunctional dish. Such meat can be served hot as a second main dish, after cutting the neck in portioned slices 1-1.5 centimeters thick. In this case, pork is served with neutral side dishes, such as steam rice, cereals from different cereals, jacket potatoes, mashed potatoes, light salads or pasta. It is also very often added to soups and made from this miracle breathtakingly delicious sandwiches, which are flavored with a generous portion of any hot or sour-sweet sauce. Tasty and practical! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- in each multicooker there is a "Baking" mode, it is in it that you can always adjust the temperature. In addition, it differs from other modes in that the bowl during operation of the kitchen appliance heats up from all sides, this contributes to better baking of meat;
- sea salt and black ground pepper are classic spices, but you can season the pork neck with any other spices and herbs that are suitable for meat, for example, all kinds of ground pepper, paprika, cumin, rosemary;
- very often, before baking, the meat is stuffed with slices of bacon, slices of garlic, carrots, onions, mushrooms, zucchini or eggplant;
- if desired, before baking, the neck can be rubbed with a piece of butter, this will make the crust more ruddy;
- after cooking, a lot of fat and meat juice will remain in the multicooker bowl, do not throw them out, pour them into a clean, dry jar and use them as a dressing for soups, sauces or main dishes.