Ingredients for making Charlotte classic
- Raw chicken egg (fresh) 5 pieces
- Sugar 1 cup
- Wheat flour (sifted) 1 cup
- Apples (sweet and sour varieties) 2-3 pieces
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) 3-4 drops
- Powdered sugar to taste (for decoration)
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Table vinegar 9% 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients Eggs, Apple, Flour, Sugar
- Serving 8-10
- World Cuisine
A faceted glass (240 gram capacity), a teaspoon, a tablespoon, an oven, a round non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish (diameter 24 centimeters), a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a deep bowl - 2 pieces , a fine mesh sieve, a wooden kitchen spatula, a baking brush, a wooden kitchen skewer, kitchen potholders, a large flat dish, a metal kitchen spatula, a dessert plate.
Cooking Charlotte Classic:
Step 1: prepare the oven and baking dish.
This sweet and delicious dessert from childhood is prepared very quickly and easily, so first of all, turn on and preheat the oven up to 180 degrees Celsius. Then, using a baking brush, grease the bottom and inner sides of a non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish with a tablespoon of vegetable oil, so that it lies evenly.
Step 2: prepare the apples.
Then we wash several ripe and juicy apples under streams of cold running water. We dry them with paper kitchen towels using a sharp kitchen knife, take turns cutting each into 2 halves and remove the core with the stalks from them. After that, if desired, remove a thin layer of the skin from the pulp of the fruit, put the apple parts on the cutting board and chop it with layers, cubes, slices, rings, half rings, rhombuses or as you like, but it is desirable that their thickness does not exceed 5-8 millimeters . We send the slices to the baking dish and immediately proceed to the next step.
Step 3: prepare the eggs.
We beat each raw chicken egg with the back of the knife and separate the squirrels from the yolks in separate deep bowls. We put the first aside, and add sugar to the second and push it under the mixer blades. Beat the yolks at high speed until the grains are completely dissolved and increase in volume 3-4 times. It will take about 5-7 minutes, depending on the power of your kitchen appliance.
When the mixture takes on a thick snow-white structure, turn off the mixer, remove nozzles from it, rinse these parts of the machine, dry, attach, and put a bowl of proteins under them. We also beat them at high speeds until a dense foam or, as they say, steady peaks. Here you will have to try and devote approximately 10-12 minutes. Of course, the eggs can be beaten with sugar immediately, without dividing them into parts, but in this case the cake will not be so magnificent.
Step 4: prepare the dough.
Now put in a bowl with whipped yolks a little lemon juice, soda, slaked with 9% vinegar, and begin to add sifted wheat flour. We do this gradually, spoon after spoon, while kneading with a wooden kitchen spatula a dough of medium density, resembling sour cream or greasy flowing cream. We work only with this kitchen appliance or, in extreme cases, use a tablespoon, but in no case a mixer, from this beaten eggs can settle! Then carefully whip the whipped proteins into the resulting semi-finished product and again carefully knead everything.
Step 5: bake classic charlotte.
We fill in the resulting dough, which are comfortably arranged in the shape of an apple, level it and put the raw cake in the oven, preheated to the right temperature, on the middle rack. Bake charlotte until golden brown for about 25-30 minutes. After this time, we check its readiness with a wooden kitchen skewer. Insert its end into the pulp of the cake and get it. If the stick is wet, we hold the product in the oven until it is baked, about 7-10 minutes.
Is the skewer dry? Then we put kitchen gloves on our hands, rearrange the form on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and, without taking it out, allow the fragrant dessert to cool to room temperature. Then we poke the pie with a wide kitchen spatula, transfer it to a large flat dish, sprinkle it with icing sugar and powdered sugar with a fine mesh and serve to the table.
Step 6: serve classic charlotte.
Charlotte classic - an incredibly delicious instant dessert. After baking, the cake is cooled and decorated with icing sugar, favorite creams, impregnated with glaze or poured with melted chocolate. Then it is cut into 8-10 portions, laid out on plates, optionally supplement each with sour cream, cream or ice cream balls and served with hot or cold drinks: tea, coffee, juice, milk, kefir, cocoa or whatever which is more like. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- love to experiment? Prepare charlotte with pear, banana, peaches, plums or apricots, with these ingredients it will turn out to be very juicy and just as tasty;
- at will, apples, laid in the form, can be sprinkled with a tablespoon of ground cinnamon, this spice will give the cake a rich and very pleasant aroma;
- a great alternative to baking soda and vinegar - baking powder, that is, baking powder, and vegetable oil - cream;
- want to cook an exclusive, rich in aromas charlotte? Add ground walnuts, chopped dried fruits, vanilla sugar or orange or lemon zest to the dough;
- for baking this pie, you can use a pan with a removable handle or any non-stick or heat-resistant form. But if you are not sure about this inventory and are afraid that the charlotte will burn, it is better to cover this dishes with a sheet of baking or parchment paper.