Ingredients for making chicken breast in beer batter
- Chicken breast (fresh fillet) 1 piece (2 halves)
- Beer (fresh white) 2/3 cup
- Flour (self-raising) 1 cup
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Vegetable oil (for frying) as needed
- Main ingredients: Chicken, Eggs, Flour, Beer
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, plastic wrap, plate, bowl, whisk, stove, frying pan, kitchen spatula, large flat dish, plate.
Cooking chicken breast in beer batter:
Step 1: prepare the chicken breast.
This dish is a bit like a chicken fried in breadcrumbs and an ordinary egg breading, although the batter in this case is much more tender, with a ruddy, slightly crispy crust. So, first of all, prepare the chicken breast! We wash it under trickles of cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and with a sharp kitchen knife carefully remove thin veins, cartilage, excess fat, and also a film from a piece of poultry.
After that, we cut the meat across the fibers with 1 cm thick layers, in turn cover each piece with plastic wrap and lightly beat them with a kitchen hammer. It’s not worth zealous, you just need to soften the meat tissue! It is perfectly normal if the thickness of each serving is reduced to 6-7 millimeters. After that, sprinkle the breast slices on both sides to taste with salt and black pepper. We shift the chicken on a plate and leave on 15-20 minutes at room temperature, to soak in the aroma, as well as the flavor of spices.
Step 2: prepare the batter.
In the meantime, put the chicken egg in a deep clean dish and beat it with a table fork or a whisk until lush foam. Then add a little salt, paprika and pour the right amount of white fresh beer.
Shake these products to a uniform consistency and begin to gradually add self-rising flour to the bowl. We act slowly, spoon after spoon, at the same time kneading a batter that resembles a dough of medium density, about like pancakes or pancakes.
Step 3: prepare the chicken breast in a beer batter.
As soon as the breast is infused, put on a medium heat a frying pan and pour about 50 milliliters of vegetable oil into it, this is about 3 tablespoons. Then we shift all the pieces of meat into a bowl with batter, carefully mix them with the aromatic mixture, so that it covers the pieces of the bird on all sides, and after 2-3 minutes we send the first batch of breast in preheated fat.
Fry the chicken on both sides 3-4 minutes each every until golden or almost brown. Then, using a kitchen spatula, transfer the fragrant slices to a large flat dish, cook the rest of the breast in the same way, and then immediately serve the food to the table.
Step 4: serve the chicken breast in a beer batter.
Chicken breast in beer batter is a divine dish with an incredibly pleasant taste and aroma. Pieces of chicken fried in an airy flour coat are served hot as the main second dish. They are served on a large flat dish or in portions on plates together with a light or complex side dish, for example, salad, cereals from various cereals, pasta, steamed rice, stewed, baked, and also boiled vegetables. Tasty, fast, inexpensive and very satisfying! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- the ingredients for batter can be mixed using a stationary blender, food processor or mixer;
- the set of spices is not essential, season the pieces of the bird with any spices that are used during the preparation of chicken dishes, for example, rosemary, allspice, savory, ground leaf of laurel and others;
- very often beaten breast before frying marinate for 30-60 minutes in spices and finely chopped onions, buttermilk, milk, mayonnaise, soy sauce or sour cream, the composition of the mixture depends on your desire and taste;
- sometimes a couple of garlic cloves peeled and squeezed through a press, dried dill, parsley, cilantro or basil are added to the batter.