Garnish Rice Ingredients
- Rice (long-grain, steamed and polished) 1 cup
- Purified water 2 cups
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 3-4 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Deep cauldron with a lid (a frying pan or wok with a capacity of 3 liters), a deep plate, a teaspoon, a tablespoon, a glass (capacity of 250 milliliters), a wooden kitchen spatula, a table fork, a stove, a plate.
Cooking rice for garnish:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, put on the countertop the right amount of long-grain, steamed, polished rice and sort it out, removing any kind of rubbish. After that, without washing, pour the grains into a deep plate, put on the kitchen table the remaining products that will be needed to prepare a wonderful side dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: cook the rice on the side dish.
We send a deep cauldron, frying pan or wok to the medium fire and pour in a little vegetable oil. Let the fat warm up well and after about 2-3 minutes very carefully pour the prepared rice into it. Fry it, constantly stirring with a wooden kitchen spatula, so that the oil envelops the grain from all sides. First, they will cease to be transparent, and then they will acquire a light yellowish tint, which will practically disappear during cooking.
As soon as this happens, season the rice to taste with salt and fill it with purified water, based on the proportions 1: 2 but not more! After boiling, reduce the heat to the smallest level.
We cover the cooked dish with a tight-fitting lid without holes and forget about it on 20 minutes. Then turn off the stove and let the appetizing side dish brew more 5-7 minutes.
Next, remove the lid, slightly loosen the finished rice with a table fork, lay it out in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve the rice to the side dish.
Garnish rice served hot. It is laid out in portions on plates, optionally sprinkled with ground walnuts, sesame seeds, fried onions, seasoned with another portion of vegetable or melted butter and served with dishes of meat, poultry, fish, game or seafood. Always tasty, inexpensive, healthy and fast! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often finely chopped onions, garlic, and also spicy spices are fried in oil, for example, any kinds of ground peppers, rosemary, savory, cumin, nutmeg, oregano and others. Only after that add rice to them, cook everything together to the desired shade of grains and then cook as indicated in the recipe;
- in the same way you can cook buckwheat;
- Do not increase the amount of water, otherwise instead of a beautiful side dish you will get just tasty, but boiled rice porridge;
- sometimes rice is boiled for 15 minutes, then wrapped in a kitchen towel so that there are no cracks, kept in this form for another 10-12 minutes and then served;
- an alternative to vegetable oil - cream.