Ingredients for making Viennese bagels
- Butter (softened) 230 grams
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Egg yolk 1 piece
- Liquid vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Sifted wheat flour 2 cups
- Almond flour 1 cup
- Icing sugar to taste and desire
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Flour, Sugar
- Portion 22-24
- World cuisineAustrian cuisine
A kitchen knife, a cutting board, a food processor with a nozzle for kneading dough, a glass (capacity of 200 milliliters), a teaspoon, a deep bowl, plastic food wrap, a refrigerator, an oven, non-stick baking sheet, baking or parchment paper, a metal kitchen spatula, kitchen gloves, metal grill (from the oven), fine mesh sieve, kitchen spatula, dessert vase or plate.
Cooking Viennese bagels:
Step 1: prepare the dough.
First of all, we print out softened butter, put it on a cutting board, use a knife to divide it into cubes and put them in a bowl of a food processor.
We send the right amount of granulated sugar and liquid vanilla extract there. We turn on the kitchen appliance at high speed and whisk these products to an air mixture.
Then we reduce the harvester speed to an average level and begin to introduce sifted wheat and almond flour into the bowl. At first, yellowish oily flakes form, but over time the dough will clump.
As soon as this happens, transfer it to a deep bowl, add the chicken yolk there and knead with clean hands a more elastic, soft, slightly sticky flour cake mix. We roll it into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and send it to the refrigerator 1 hour.
Step 2: form the Vienna bagels.
After the required time has passed, turn on and preheat the oven up to 180 degrees Celsius. Then we cover the non-stick baking sheet with a sheet of baking or parchment paper and remove the dough from the refrigerator. We remove polyethylene from it, put it on the countertop and cut it with a metal kitchen spatula into 4 equal parts.
We send them to a cutting board, roll them into sausages and divide each into 5-6 pieces of the same size.
Alternating, we roll them into flagella, slightly tapering to the ends, and give the liver a crescent shape.
Then we disband it on the prepared baking sheet, so that the portions lie a small distance from each other, it’s enough 1.5-2 centimeters free space, and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: bake Viennese bagels.
We check the temperature of the oven and, if it has warmed up, we put bagels there on the middle rack. Bake them for 20-25 minutes to a light golden crust with a delicate beige hue. The principle of preparation is the same as for shortbread cookies, the main thing is not to forget periodically, to make sure that this yummy does not burn!
As soon as the baking is lightly browned, we put on kitchen gloves, put the baking tray on the cutting board, previously laid on the table, and cool it slightly.
Then, using a kitchen spatula, we transfer bagels to a metal grate and give them the opportunity to completely cool to room temperature. After that, using a fine mesh sieve, sprinkle the aromatic dish with powdered sugar and serve it on a large flat dish or in a special vase as a dessert.
Step 4: serve Vienna bagels.
Vienna bagels cool and decorate with icing, icing, melted black or white chocolate, mastic or favorite cream.
Then the cookies are served on dishes specially designed for this purpose along with cold or warm drinks, for example, tea, coffee, milk, juice, cocoa, jelly, yogurt, kefir or compote, it all depends on personal preferences. Enjoy delicious and simple pastries!
Enjoy your meal!
- Almond flour can be purchased in supermarkets, through the online store or cook yourself. It is very easy to do! Pour unpeeled almonds with boiling water and let it stand for 5 minutes. Then throw it in a colander and leave it in it for 2 minutes to allow excess liquid to glass. After that, peel and dry the nuts in the oven at a temperature of 120-150 degrees Celsius for 5-6 minutes, in a pan - 2-3 minutes or at room temperature for a week. Then grind them with a food processor, blender or coffee grinder and sift the resulting powder through a sieve with a fine mesh - the flour is ready!
- A good, but not ideal alternative to butter - margarine for baking premium with maximum fat content and minimum liquid, and liquid vanilla extract - about 12-15 grams of vanilla sugar;
- very often, crushed hazelnuts and walnuts are added to this type of dough;
- this type of cookie is best stored in a tin box, paper bag or glass jar with a loose fitting lid;
- from the above amount of ingredients, 22-24 servings will be obtained.