Ingredients for Making Egg Mayonnaise
- Chicken yolk (fresh and raw) 2 pieces (large)
- Mustard (excipients) 1.5 teaspoons
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) 1 teaspoon
- A pinch of salt or to taste
- Ground black pepper, a pinch or to taste
- Sugar pinch or to taste
- Refined vegetable oil 200 milliliters
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Lemon, Sugar
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
A glass (capacity of 200 milliliters), a teaspoon, a blender with a whisk nozzle and a measuring cup, a tablespoon, a half-liter glass jar, a plastic or metal screw lid, a refrigerator, a sauce boat or a deep bowl.
Making mayonnaise with eggs:
Step 1: make mayonnaise with eggs.
The history of the origin of mayonnaise is shrouded in mystery, some claim that the French have done this miracle, others say that this sauce first appeared in Italy, but in any case it is worth making and trying. First, one and a half hours before the start of the process, we lay out all the necessary products on the kitchen table and give them the opportunity to warm to room temperature. Then carefully beat each chicken egg with the back of a kitchen knife and separate the proteins from the yolks. We use the former to prepare any other goodies, and the latter we send to a clean and dry blender bowl.
After that, add a little salt, sugar, black pepper and mustard to the yolks. Next, lower the “Corolla” nozzle to the very bottom of the bowl and gently press it with your free hand so that it does not move from place during operation.
Turn on the kitchen appliance at medium speed and beat everything for about 20-30 seconds until yellow lush foam forms.
Then, without turning off the machine, we pour freshly squeezed lemon juice and a little vegetable refined oil into the bowl, 50 milliliters will be enough for a start.
Mix the products yet two minutesduring which you can observe how the yolks lighten and thicken right before your eyes. At the moment, the first emulsion is formed, which resembles flakes of butter cream.
Then we gradually introduce the remaining oil into a practically ready sauce. It's worth doing in 3-4, and preferably 5 callswhile continuing to whisk everything at maximum speed, periodically raising the blender nozzle to the current trickle of fat and lowering it down.
We continue to cook mayonnaise until it reaches the preferred consistency, you can leave this miracle slightly liquid or mix everything to maximum density, although the middle ground is also not a bad option.
After that, we stop the operation of the kitchen appliance and with the help of a tablespoon we transfer the finished sauce into a clean, dry, preferably sterilized half-liter jar.
We close it with a tight-fitting plastic or metal screw cap and put it in the refrigerator for 20, 30 or 40 minutes.
Step 2: serve mayonnaise with eggs.
After cooking, the mayonnaise with eggs is insisted in the refrigerator so that it becomes more dense. Then it is served in a gravy boat or in a small bowl with dishes of poultry, fish, game, seafood, meat, pasta and sausages, or sandwiches are added to this delicious snow-white diva, pizza is layered, and other equally tasty sauces and dressings are prepared on its basis for vegetable salads. Enjoy delicious and healthy instant food!
Enjoy your meal!
- an alternative to fresh mustard - mustard powder, freshly squeezed lemon juice - balsamic, apple, white wine or any 3% or 9% vinegar, and sugar - honey;
- if the mayonnaise is too liquid, increase the amount of vegetable oil, if the sauce is too thick add a little boiled and chilled purified water to it. Regardless of the choice, re-mix everything at high speed to a uniform consistency and desired density;
- any mayonnaise made from natural raw chicken or quail eggs can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for no more than 3-4 days, so it should be done in small portions that can be consumed immediately;
- all the ingredients can be mixed using a conventional whisk, stationary blender or food processor, of course, do not forget that the cooking time will vary depending on the choice of kitchen appliance;
- from the above quantity of products, approximately 500 milliliters of the finished product is obtained.