Ingredients for Apple Chrenoder Cooking
- Horseradish (root) 5 pieces (large, approximate weight 500-550 grams)
- Garlic 3 heads (large, approximate weight 200 grams)
- Tomatoes 2 kilograms (large, juicy, fleshy)
- Apples (sweet and sour varieties) 1 kilogram
- Table vinegar 9% 2-3 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Main ingredients: Tomato, Horseradish, Garlic, Apple
- Portion 6-7
- World Cuisine
Half-liter glass jar - 6-7 pieces, a screw or plastic metal lid - 6-7 pieces, a kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a kitchen towel, a meat grinder (stationary blender or food processor), a stove, grater, deep non-stick pan with a thick bottom and a lid, a wooden kitchen spoon, a wide-necked watering can, a ladle, a refrigerator (cellar or basement).
Cooking horseradish with apples:
Step 1: prepare the inventory.
The first and very important step is to prepare the inventory with which the whole process will be carried out! First, we check glass half-liter cans and metal screw or plastic caps for rust, cracks, as well as any other damage. Then we wash everything with an ordinary kitchen brush and baking soda, it will perfectly cope even with difficult contaminations in the form of dried vegetable oil. After this, we pour small dishes with hot water, boil the lids in a small saucepan, and sterilize the jars in any convenient way, for example, in an oven, microwave, or stove.
Step 2: prepare horseradish, tomatoes and garlic.
Then, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the garlic with horseradish, wash them with tomatoes under cold running water and dry them with paper kitchen towels.
In tomatoes, we remove the place on which the stalk was attached, and pass them through a meat grinder with a fine mesh into a deep non-stick pan along with the roots and cloves of the garlic. If desired, these products can be chopped using a blender or food processor.
Step 3: prepare the apples.
Then we wash the apples, dry them, cut each into 2 halves, remove the core with the stalks from them and remove the skin from the fruit. After that, grind them in the same way as the previous ingredients, or chop them on a fine or medium grater directly into the dishes with prepared vegetables and mix everything with a wooden kitchen spoon to a homogeneous consistency.
Step 4: prepare the horseradish with apples.
Then we put the pot with the ready-made horseradder on medium heat and bring it to a boil. As soon as the first bubbles appear on the surface of the aromatic mixture, add 9% vinegar, black pepper, sugar and salt to it. Next, reduce the heat to the smallest level and cook the vigorous mixture for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally so as not to burn. After this time, turn off the stove, using a kitchen towel, put the pan with the fragrant dish in a well-ventilated place, for example, near an open window, and cool the horseradder to room temperature.
When the food has cooled down, put it in sterilized glass jars; for this purpose, you can use a wide-necked watering can and ladle. We close the workpiece with a tight-fitting metal screw or plastic cover and put it in a deep cellar, or rather a refrigerator. About in a month You can take the first sample of this vigorous snack!
Step 5: serve the horseradish with apples.
Horseradish hrenoder is served in small but deep bowls or gravy boats. It is mainly served cold as an appetizer, and sometimes it is added to the first and second hot dishes during their direct preparation in order to give a thin slightly island flavor. Also very often this vigorous mixture is used as a layer for sandwiches, canapes, pizza and other pastries. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- it is better to grind the burning horseradish last, after grinding all the other necessary vegetables, since during this process, the roots of this plant secrete strongly spicy phytoncides - substances with an antimicrobial effect. Of course, inhaling them is very useful, but this procedure can cause difficulty breathing and tearfulness. If you grind horseradish with a blender or food processor, then a covered lid will serve as protection. Using a conventional meat grinder? In this case, it is better to put a plastic bag on its neck, it will not allow the caustic aroma to spread very much, and you will save your eyes and nose from the graceful, but annoying smell;
- the finished horseradish retains its aroma and taste from 8 months to 1 year, but the beneficial properties only for two to three weeks after cooking, so if you have the opportunity, it is better to cook this snack in small portions. Moreover, all the ingredients for this dish can be purchased at any supermarket or market, and horseradish roots should be stored in the basement, on the balcony or cellar, after being buried in the ground or sand;
- This dish is contraindicated in people with chronic gastritis and inflammation of the kidneys. Also, pregnant and lactating mothers should refrain from it, and excessive consumption of this snack can cause high blood pressure;
- an excellent substitute for ground black pepper - allspice, and for tomatoes - gooseberries;
- if you want the taste of the hrenodera to be softer, add a couple of tablespoons of calcined cooled vegetable refined oil to each jar. Also, very often during cooking, put a tablespoon of crushed parsley, cilantro or dill in a pan with a horseradder.