Ingredients for Making Chrenoder in a Blender
- Horseradish (fresh unpeeled root) 200 grams
- Garlic 300 grams (about 3 medium-sized heads)
- Tomatoes 1 kilogram
- Sugar 100 grams
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste and desire
- Table vinegar 9% 4,5 tablespoons
- Main ingredients: Tomato, Horseradish, Garlic
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife, cutting board, kitchen scale, tablespoon, deep bowl - 2-3 pieces, refrigerator, stove, stationary blender, half-liter glass jar - 4 pieces, metal screw or plastic lid - 4 pieces; kettle, deep pan, slotted spoon, fridge, gravy boat or bowl.
Cooking horseradish in a blender:
Step 1: prepare the horseradish root.
To begin with, use a sharp kitchen knife to peel horseradish. Then we wash it, cut into small pieces from 2 to 2.5 centimeters in size, send it into a deep bowl and fill it with ordinary running cold water, so that it is 2-3 centimeters higher than this ingredient. Let the root slices brew in this form at least 2 hours at room temperature, maximum all night in the refrigeratorthus getting rid of most of the bitterness contained in this plant.
Step 2: prepare the inventory.
After the required time or the next day, first of all, carefully examine the half-liter glass jars and metal screw or plastic caps for cracks, nicks and rust. After that, we thoroughly wash them together with the rest of the kitchen appliances, a blender bowl and its knives under trickles of cold running water. For this purpose, you can use an ordinary kitchen sponge and baking soda, which removes even stagnant, slightly dried up fat. Although, if desired, you can use any detergent with a minimum amount of chemicals. Then we pour small dishes with hot water, boil the lids in a small saucepan, and sterilize the jars in the microwave, oven or on the stove, any method is suitable.
Step 3: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Then we heat a full kettle of water. Peel the cloves of garlic and rinse them with the horseradish, as well as tomatoes. We make a small incision crosswise on each tomato, send them into a deep bowl, pour boiling water and stand in this form 30-40 seconds. After that, with the help of a slotted spoon, we transfer the tomatoes into a clean deep dish with ice water and allow to cool completely. Then remove the peel from them and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: prepare the horseradish in a blender.
In a clean, dry bowl of the blender, put pieces of horseradish and shred them into small pieces, turning on the kitchen appliance at the highest speed.
Next, add the prepared tomatoes, cloves of garlic there and grind everything at high speed again until a homogeneous gruel of medium density.
After that, using a tablespoon, transfer the resulting mixture into a deep pan. Season it with sugar, salt, black pepper and 9% vinegar. We mix all the components of the hrenoder with a wooden kitchen spoon until smooth and lay out the fragrant almost ready meal in sterilized half-liter jars.
We close the glass container with tight-fitting metal screw or plastic caps and put in the refrigerator until use. After about a couple of weeks or less, you can take the first sample.
Step 5: serve the hrenoder in a blender.
Hrenoder in a blender is a sour-sweet-sour-spicy snack, which is served chilled. This miracle is served in special gravy boats or deep bowls. This dish is an ideal complement to the first or second hot dishes, and in particular soups, meat, poultry, fish, game, baked, boiled or fried vegetables, pasta or sausages and even seafood. It is also very often used for seasoning sandwiches, pizza and other delicious pastries. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- all vegetables and roots can be chopped using a food processor or grind through a meat grinder with a fine mesh in the old fashioned way, although in this option it is better to put a plastic bag on the neck of this kitchen appliance so that the flavor of processed products, and in particular horseradish, does not cause you any difficulty breathing and tearfulness;
- This dish is not advisable to eat for people with chronic gastritis, kidney inflammation, pregnant women and nursing mothers. Also, its excessive use can increase pressure even in a perfectly healthy person;
- very often, to give the hrenoder a more delicate, soft taste, a couple of tablespoons of refined, calcined and cooled oil is added to it;
- It is better to keep this type of horserador in the refrigerator, so it will retain its taste and will not go bad for 8-12 months. The only minus is ground vegetables and their juices can be divided into layers. In this case, before use, a jar of ready-made sauce should be shaken thoroughly several times;
- very often a little hot red fresh pepper is added to all the indicated vegetables and roots, and the tomatoes are replaced with gooseberries or plums.