Ingredients for making homemade kefir mayonnaise
- Chicken egg (fresh, raw) 1 piece
- Kefir 6 tablespoons
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon (with a slide)
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Mustard (liquid, without fillers) 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) 1 tablespoon
- Refined vegetable oil (odorless) 250 milliliters
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Kefir, Sugar
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
A glass, a tablespoon, a teaspoon, an immersion blender with a bowl, a half-liter glass lid, a plastic lid, a refrigerator, a sauce boat or a bowl.
Making homemade kefir mayonnaise:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
About 1-1.5 hours before the preparation of mayonnaise, put all the necessary ingredients on the kitchen table and let them warm to room temperature. Then gently squeeze the right amount of lemon juice into a small glass and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare homemade kefir mayonnaise.
Put fresh raw chicken egg, sugar and salt in a special clean, dry bowl. Then, using a submersible blender, beat these ingredients at high speed until snow-white fluffy foam and complete dissolution of the grains. After that, add liquid mustard, kefir and mix it for 15-20 seconds to a homogeneous consistency.
Next, we send refined vegetable oil to the bowl so that it flows down the blender blades. At the moment, the products form the first emulsion, and it is desirable that they do not curl, so pour the fat gradually, drop by drop, in 5-6 calls.
4-5 minutes later increase the speed of the blender to the maximum and start seasoning the sauce with natural lemon juice. Without stopping, beat the mayonnaise until its consistency becomes viscous, similar to sour cream, cream or medium-fat yogurt.
As soon as the snow-white mass acquires the desired density, turn off the kitchen appliance and, using a tablespoon, transfer the aromatic mixture to a sterilized half-liter glass jar. We close it with a tight-fitting plastic lid and put it in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. After this time, mayonnaise will become more dense and can be used for its intended purpose.
Step 3: serve homemade kefir mayonnaise.
Homemade kefir mayonnaise is slightly cooled after cooking. Then it is used as a complement to almost all the first and second hot dishes, as well as snacks. Very often, they bake pastries, sandwiches, season salads and decorate banquet dishes. The sauce prepared according to this recipe has a slightly yellowish tint and a sweet and sour pleasant aftertaste that will appeal to all gourmets who prefer healthy food. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- a good substitute for ordinary chicken eggs - 5 pieces of quail, freshly squeezed lemon juice - one dessert spoon of white wine or ordinary 9% table vinegar, pure mustard - mustard powder, and sugar - honey;
- from the number of products that are indicated in the recipe, 450-500 grams of the finished product will come out;
- to make the mayonnaise more fragrant, you can add a little squeezed garlic squeezed through a press, as well as such spices: coriander, oregano, paprika, rosemary, fennel, all kinds of ground pepper or other spices;
- if the mayonnaise is too liquid, add a little more vegetable oil to it and whisk everything at high speed until a uniform, thicker consistency is obtained;
- this type of sauce should be stored in sealed packaging in the refrigerator for no more than 3-4, and preferably 2-3 days.