Ingredients for cooking fish in foil
- Fresh trout 4 pieces
- Tomatoes (fresh) 4 pieces (200 grams)
- Bulgarian pepper 2 pieces (300 grams)
- Leek 1 stalk (150 grams)
- Garlic 2-3 cloves (large)
- Lemon 1 piece
- Parsley 1 bunch (large)
- Vegetable oil 100 milliliters or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Mix of spices for fish to taste
- Main ingredients: Trout, Onion, Tomato, Garlic, Lemon
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, an oven, a non-stick baking sheet, a deep bowl, a bowl - 2 pieces, a tablespoon, aluminum foil, kitchen gloves, a kitchen spatula, a plate.
Cooking fish in foil:
Step 1: prepare the fish.
In the foil, you can bake any fish: river, sea, lake, as well as pieces or the whole. In our version, these are 4 fresh trouts, each of which weighs from about 800 to 900 grams. To begin with, using a special scraper, remove the scales from the surface of the fish. Then we make a small incision under each head on each carcass, rip open the abdomen and gut it from the insides. After that, we remove the gills, fins, and also at the request of the eye, although they can be left, so the dish will look more attractive. Then we wash the trout inside and out under cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, transfer to a deep bowl and preheat the oven up to 220 degrees Celsius.
Step 2: prepare the filling for the fish.
In the meantime, using a clean knife, peel the leek from the upper leaves, garlic from the peel, and sweet bell peppers relieve the stalk and gutted from the seeds. Then we wash them with tomatoes and parsley under cold running water and dry with paper kitchen towels. We cut the onion with rings 5-6 mm thick and set aside. Squeeze the garlic cloves through a press into a small bowl.
Chop pepper and tomatoes in large pieces and send after the garlic. There we put half of finely chopped parsley, to taste salt, black pepper and a mixture of spices for fish. Mix everything with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency. The filling is ready!
Step 3: prepare the fish for baking.
Now we put on a cutting board a large piece of aluminum foil, folded in two layers, approximately 30 centimeters long, but it can vary depending on how big the fish is. Sprinkle the leaf with a thin layer of spices and pour one or two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
We spread one trout on it and fill its abdomen with 2-3 tablespoons of the previously prepared filling.
Then we supplement the vegetable mixture with leek rings, season with 3-4 pinches of chopped parsley, spices, which are indicated in the recipe, with another portion of vegetable oil and sprinkle everything with freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1/4 part of citrus per 1 fish).
Next, we connect the edges of the foil in the form of a bag, pinch them with our fingers so that there are no cracks, and shift to the non-stick baking sheet with the seams up. In the same way we prepare for baking the three remaining carcasses and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: bake the fish in foil.
We check the temperature of the oven and, if it has warmed up, put a baking sheet in it with a still raw dish. Bake trout in foil 20 minutes. After that, very carefully open the kulets and keep the fish in the oven for about another 7-10 minutes until golden brown and almost complete evaporation of moisture.
Then we put kitchen gloves on our hands, rearrange the baking sheet on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and let the aromatic food cool slightly. Then, using a kitchen spatula, we spread the trout in portions on plates, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve to the table with your favorite side dish.
Step 5: serve the fish in foil.
Fish in foil is served as a hot main course for lunch or dinner, but cold trout is also very tasty. Baked miracle is served in portions on plates with any garnish you like, for example, fried, stewed, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, salads, pasta, cereals, as well as sliced pickled, pickled or fresh vegetables.
Savor this aromatic dish is pleasant with red or white semi-dry wine or fruit juices. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- the filling can be prepared from frozen vegetables. Also, their composition is often supplemented with slices of eggplant, zucchini, canned corn, peas, mushrooms, finely chopped potatoes, a small amount of finely chopped chili and cauliflower;
- a set of spices is not essential. Use any that are suitable for fish dishes: dried basil, rosemary, cumin, fennel, oregano, almond, all kinds of peppers, coriander, cardamom, turmeric, saffron, thyme or others;
- an excellent substitute for parsley - dill or cilantro, vegetable oil - melted butter, and natural lemon juice - concentrated, canned;
- when buying fresh fish, be very careful! It should be clean, without mucus, a pungent odor of iodine or tina, with bulging, transparent eyes and bright red gills that fit tightly on the cheeks.