Ingredients for making minced kebab
- Minced meat "Assorted" (coarse grinding) 400 grams (pork and beef)
- Chicken egg 1 piece (medium)
- Onions (white or red) 1 piece (large)
- Sweet salad pepper (any color) 2-3 pieces (large)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Nutmeg to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Pork, Onions, Peppers, Garlic
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
A teaspoon, a tablespoon, a cutting board, a kitchen knife, paper kitchen towels, a deep bowl - 2 pieces, a plastic wrap, a refrigerator, an oven, a non-stick pan with a metal wire rack, a baking brush, a plastic container, bamboo skewer - as needed, aluminum food foil, kitchen potholders, plate.
Cooking minced kebab:
Step 1: prepare onions and garlic.
First of all, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel onions and garlic. We rinse them under a stream of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns putting them on a cutting board and continue preparation. Cut the onion into cubes 5-6 millimeters in size, and chop the garlic into small pieces.
Step 2: prepare the meat for the barbecue.
Next, put in a deep bowl the right amount of fresh minced meat "Assorted" pork and beef. We send there nutmeg, salt and black pepper to taste.
Add chicken egg and chopped vegetables, onions with garlic. We mix all these ingredients with clean hands until a homogeneous consistency, gently taste and, if necessary, double the portion of spices. After that, we tighten the bowl with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 1-1.5 hoursto grind meat to become more dense.
Step 3: prepare the bell peppers.
Then we remove the stalks from sweet salad peppers, gutting them from the seeds, rinse, dry, put on a cutting board and cut into slices or cubes long and wide in 2.5-3 centimeters.
We send them to clean dishes, pour them with vegetable oil, lemon juice and season with mustard. We mix everything with a tablespoon, cover the vegetables with polyethylene and put in the refrigerator until use.
Step 4: prepare a baking sheet, oven and skewer.
When the meat and pepper are infused, turn on and preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Then we install a special wire rack on the bottom of the non-stick pan and, using a baking brush, grease its rods with a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Then we collect a little ordinary flowing water into a small oblong plastic container, dip the bamboo skewer into it and keep them in the liquid 10-12 minutesso as not to burn during baking.
Step 5: form a kebab of minced meat.
After that, we wet our palms in water, spread on one tablespoon of minced meat, form from it cones the size of a walnut or plum and string on a wooden skewer. Following the resulting meatball, we put a couple of slices of sweet pepper on a wooden stick, alternating them in color if desired. Then again comes a meat ball and a few slices of vegetable.
We act until all the ingredients are over, leaving the edges of the skewers 1-1.5 centimeters free space. Then we lay out still raw kebabs on a greased grill, comfortably settled on a baking sheet, we tighten them with food aluminum foil so that there are no cracks, and proceed to the next step.
Step 6: bake the meat kebab.
We check the temperature of the oven, if it has warmed up well, set the baking tray with the meat miracle on the middle rack and bake the dish for 20 minutes. Then gently remove the foil from the kebabs and brown them even 10-15 minutes.
As soon as the balls are covered with a golden crust, we put on the kitchen gloves and put the baking sheet on the cutting board, previously laid on the kitchen table. Carefully lay ready kebabs in portions on plates and serve them to the table.
Step 7: serve the minced kebab.
Minced kebab served hot as a second base dish. It is served in portions on plates based on one - 2 skewers.
This yummy can be supplemented with any side dish: cereals from different cereals, pasta, boiled rice, salads, fresh, pickled or pickled vegetables, as well as sweet and sour sauces and homemade bread.
Enjoy delicious and easy-to-cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- sometimes minced parmesan cheese, finely chopped dill, parsley, cilantro or basil are added to the minced meat;
- if desired, the lower baking sheet can be covered with foil and only after that install a wire rack on it, so you will save yourself from unnecessary dirty dishes;
- the set of spices is not essential, put any that season dishes of meat or poultry, for example, sage, marjoram, thyme, turmeric, rosemary, caraway seeds, as well as red, white or allspice;
- Very often, in addition to sweet pepper, slices of zucchini, eggplant, onions, tomato rings and whole small champignons are used. Also, between the meat balls make a layer of raw lard or bacon;
- This type of barbecue can be cooked on an electric or stationary grill using ordinary garden wood and charcoal. But in this case, you don’t need to tighten the meat balls with foil, just in the process of cooking, turn them from side to side no more than 3-4 times until they are browned.