Ingredients for Cooking Fried Mushrooms with Mayonnaise
- Fresh mushrooms (champignons) 500 grams
- Onion 2 pieces
- Hard cheese 150 grams
- Mayonnaise 100 milliliters
- Sour cream 100 milliliters
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Onion, Mushrooms, Sour Cream
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife, a cutting board - 2 pieces, a bowl - 3 pieces, a stove, an oven, a ceramic heat-resistant form, a grater, paper kitchen towels, a frying pan with a lid, a tablespoon, a wooden kitchen spatula, kitchen potholders, a plate.
Cooking fried mushrooms with mayonnaise:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
This dish is somewhat reminiscent of the famous French julienne, with some adjustments in the composition and cooking process. First, with a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onions, and remove the roots of the fungi. Then we wash the vegetables under a stream of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a cutting board and continue the preparation. We chop the onion with 1 centimeter cubes, and the champignons with 5-6 millimeters thick layers.
Next, with a clean knife, cut off the paraffin crust from the hard cheese and grind it on a large or medium grater. We lay out the slices in separate bowls, put on the kitchen table all the other necessary ingredients that will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the mushroom mixture.
Turn on and preheat the oven to 175-180 degrees Celsius, a lot of heat is not needed. After that we put the pan on medium heat and pour the right amount of vegetable oil into it. After a few minutes, when the fat warms up, dip the chopped onions and fry it for 2-3 minutes until soft, as well as a light golden crust.
As soon as the vegetable is browned, add mushrooms to it and season everything to taste with salt and black pepper. We stew the ingredients almost until the mushrooms are ready, periodically stirring with a wooden kitchen spatula. This process will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
Then pour the mayonnaise and sour cream into the pan. Thoroughly mix the products to a homogeneous consistency, taste and, if necessary, add more spices. Then reduce the heat to a level between small and medium, cover the aromatic mixture with a lid, simmer still 5 minutes and remove from the stove.
Step 3: bring the dish to full readiness.
Now we decide what we will bake the dish in. A great option is a deep form or several small non-stick or heat-resistant containers: bowls, pots. If there is no such equipment in the house, you can use an ordinary frying pan with a removable handle. So, put the stewed vegetables in the selected dishes, level with a tablespoon and sprinkle with chopped cheese.
Then we put the form in a preheated oven and leave it there until the cheese is browned, about 10-12 minutes. After this time, all the ingredients of the food will reach full readiness. We put on kitchen gloves, take out the form from the oven, rearrange it on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and let the aromatic food cool down a bit, that's enough 5-6 minutes. Then we divide the resulting casserole into 4-6 servings, arrange them on plates and serve to the table.
Step 4: serve the fried mushrooms with mayonnaise.
Fried mushrooms with mayonnaise are served hot as a snack, but you can serve them as a second main vegetarian dish along with a side dish, for example, boiled or baked potatoes, pasta, cereals, cereals, salads, marinades, pickles or fresh vegetables. Enjoy delicious and easy-to-cook food!
Enjoy your meal!
- an excellent substitute for vegetable oil - cream, it will give the dish a more delicate, soft and noble flavor;
- salt and black pepper are standard spices that are not essential. You can also use any other spices and dried herbs that season vegetable dishes, for example, coriander, cloves, curry, shambhala, cumin, asafoetida, nutmeg, ginger, fennel and others;
- very often, in a pan with sour cream and mayonnaise, 1-2 cloves of peeled garlic are squeezed through a press;
- champignons - the best option for this dish, they can be purchased in any quantity in a store, supermarket or in the market. But this does not mean that other mushrooms are worse, just do not forget about their preparation, cleaning, and sometimes even soaking and pre-cooking, especially if you harvested in the forest.