Fresh Fish Ingredients
- Fresh fish (pike perch, trout, common carp, mullet, perch or other) 800 grams
- Onion 2 pieces (large)
- Carrot 1 piece (large)
- Garlic 3-4 prongs
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Table vinegar 9% 80-100 milliliters
- Vegetable oil 3-4 tablespoons
- Soy sauce 2 teaspoons
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ground red pepper to taste
- Ground coriander to taste
- Dried ground ginger to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients: Mullet, Perch, Pikeperch, Trout, Onion, Carrot, Garlic
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Scraper, kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, bowl - 2 pieces, plastic wrap, refrigerator, garlic press, grater, colander, plastic container with a lid, teaspoon, tablespoon, plate.
Making fresh fish hehe:
Step 1: prepare the fish.
For this dish, you can use any boneless or optional bone fish with white or red meat. First, using a scraper, we remove the scales from it, gutted from the insides, cut off the head and thoroughly wash the carcass under cold running water from blood clots, as well as any other contaminants.
After that, we dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and cut the fillet from the ridge, which, in turn, eliminates fins and peels. Then cut the pink meat into cubes, straws, or slices of arbitrary shape thick from 1 to 1.5 centimeters and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: pickle the fish.
We shift the pieces of fish into a deep bowl, fill them with 9% vinegar with a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency, tighten with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours, and better all night. This simple method of pickling will help get rid of helminths, which are found in varying amounts in the tissues of lake, river, and sometimes even marine inhabitants.
Step 3: prepare the rest of the ingredients.
After the required time, you can continue to prepare other necessary ingredients. Using a clean kitchen knife, peel all the vegetables indicated in the recipe, rinse them under cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a new cutting board and chop them in turn. Carrots with straws or on a coarse grater, and onions in rings, half rings or quarters. We just chop the garlic finely or squeeze it through a special press. Then we send to the kitchen table all the other products and return to the fish.
Step 4: bring the dish to full readiness.
We take the bowl out of the refrigerator, discard its contents in a colander and leave it in the sink for a while, so that the remains of the marinade are drained from pieces of fish. Then we transfer them, along with onions, garlic and carrots, to plastic, but better enameled, clean dishes. Season with sugar, soy sauce, a little salt, coriander, ginger and two types of pepper: black and red. After that, bring the vegetable oil to a boil over high heat and pour vegetables and fish with hot fat. Again, we mix everything until smooth, tightly pack and again send it to the refrigerator. After 2-3, and preferably 6 hours, you can take the first test.
Step 5: serve fresh fish heh.
Fresh fish hey is served chilled as an appetizer or main vegetarian dish. Along with this aromatic dish, you can serve any vegetable side dish, ideal - boiled, fried, steamed potatoes, mashed potatoes, marinades and pickles. Rice or pearl barley porridge is also suitable. Very often, such a fish is used as a slicing for sandwiches, added to salads and cooked small canapes. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- before serving, fish can be seasoned with another portion of fresh vegetable oil and sprinkled with finely chopped fresh herbs of dill, parsley, cilantro, as well as green onions;
- very often, instead of table water, 9% vinegar uses an essence diluted with boiled purified water at the rate of 3% vinegar - 1 part acid to 22 parts water, 6% - 1 part acid to 11 parts water, 9% - 1 part acid to 7 parts water;
- it is better to grind carrots on a special grater for julienne called "Mandolin", from this the appearance of the dish will be more attractive;
- very often, onions and carrots are fried in vegetable oil and only after that they are combined with pickled fish, as well as spices and kept in the refrigerator for the required time.