Ingredients for Making Homemade Sour Cream Mayonnaise
- Sour cream (20-25% fat) 250 milliliters
- Vegetable oil (refined) 80 milliliters
- Mustard powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- Salt 2/3 teaspoon
- Honey 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (dried ground) to taste
- Main Ingredients Sour Cream, Honey, Mustard
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup - 2 pieces (capacity 250 milliliters), a teaspoon, a tablespoon, a bowl, a plastic wrap, a refrigerator, a whisk, a sauce boat.
Making homemade sour cream mayonnaise:
Step 1: prepare homemade sour cream mayonnaise.
First, pour the right amount of sour cream and lemon juice into a bowl. Gently mix them to a homogeneous consistency and leave them in this form on 15 minutesso that these ingredients react with each other.
After that, add mustard powder, black pepper, turmeric, salt, honey, apple cider vinegar and a little asafoetida. Then whisk everything with a whisk until smooth, while pouring refined vegetable oil into a bowl with a thin stream.
We work with a kitchen appliance without stopping until the mixture acquires a thick, viscous structure. Then we tighten the dishes with the finished mayonnaise with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator on 15 - 20 minutesto become more dense, and after the necessary time we use it for its intended purpose.
Step 2: serve homemade sour cream mayonnaise.
After cooking, homemade sour cream mayonnaise is infused and served chilled. It is served in a gravy boat or supplemented with a fragrant mixture of your favorite dishes. This yummy is suitable for dishes of meat, fish, poultry and seafood.
Also, such mayonnaise is an ideal dressing for salads, sandwiches and pizza. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- instead of mustard powder, you can use pure liquid mustard without fillers;
- an excellent substitute for ordinary salt - black, it is less salty, contains a large percentage of useful substances such as iodine, potassium, iron, increases the sodium content in the blood, relieves burning in the chest, improves eyesight, stimulates the intestines and its motility, and also acts as mild laxative;
- a set of spices is unprincipled, use any that are suitable for sauces, for example, garlic granules, nutmeg, dried lemongrass and others;
- such mayonnaise should be stored in sealed packaging in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days, after which it slightly loses its taste;
- alternative to honey - granulated sugar;
- very often all the ingredients are mixed using a submersible or stationary blender;
- if desired, before serving, in such mayonnaise you can add garlic squeezed through a press or fresh finely chopped dill, parsley, cilantro, basil, and green onions;
- if the mayonnaise is too liquid, add a little more vegetable oil and whisk everything until thick.