Ingredients for Making Mayonnaise Sauce
For a double serving of homemade mayonnaise:
- Refined sunflower oil 1 cup
- Raw chicken egg 1 piece (large)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard (plain liquid) 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) 1 teaspoon
For one serving of mayonnaise sauce:
- Home-made mayonnaise 1/2 serving
- Garlic 1-2 cloves
- Parsley to taste
- Dill to taste
- Main ingredients: Garlic, Eggs, Mustard, Greens
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Submersible blender, blender bowl, half-liter glass jar, plastic lid, paper kitchen towels, refrigerator, kitchen knife, cutting board, garlic press, bowl, tablespoon, gravy boat.
Making mayonnaise sauce:
Step 1: make homemade mayonnaise.
First, prepare a natural homemade mayonnaise, which is useful for both children and adults. 20-30 minutes before the start we put all the necessary products on the kitchen table and let them warm to room temperature. Then pour the sunflower oil into a high plastic bowl and add the chicken egg, salt, sugar, mustard, and lemon juice to it. Without mixing, we hold the ingredients in this form for a couple of minutes so that they react. After that, insert the submersible blender to the base of the glass and turn it on at the highest speed.
After a few seconds, a snow-white mass will appear at the bottom, but we will not stop the process, whip everything until a thick cream-colored consistency resembling fat sour cream. This will take no more than two minutes. As soon as the mayonnaise is ready, transfer it to a clean, preferably sterilized half-liter jar, close it with a plastic, tight-fitting lid and put in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutesso that the aromatic mixture becomes more dense.
Step 2: prepare the garlic and herbs.
In the meantime, using a kitchen knife, peel the onion and rinse it with dill, as well as parsley under cold running water. Then dry them with paper kitchen towels. In turn, put it on a cutting board and continue preparation. Greens just finely chopped. With the cloves of garlic we also act or squeeze them through a special press into a small bowl.
Step 3: prepare the mayonnaise sauce.
After 20-30 minutes, when the mayonnaise is infused, we take it out of the refrigerator and transfer half of the snow-white mixture to a small bowl. We send chopped herbs and garlic there. We mix everything with a tablespoon until a homogeneous consistency and serve the resulting miracle to the table in the gravy boat.
Step 4: serve the mayonnaise sauce.
Mayonnaise sauce is served cold in dishes specially designed for this purpose. They are complemented by dishes of meat, poultry, fish, game, snacks, dressing salads, sandwiches with sausages or cheese products, or simply savory with bread. Tasty, fast, inexpensive and healthy! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- at will, homemade mayonnaise can be whipped in a deep bowl with a regular whisk;
- very often greens and garlic are ground to a homogeneous slurry in a blender and only then mixed with mayonnaise;
- Do you like more spicy fragrant sauces? Add some spices to the green wonder, for example, dried fennel, coriander, rosemary, paprika, oregano, suneli hops, several types of pepper: white, allspice, black, red, chili or whatever you like;
- a set of greens will perfectly complement cilantro, spring onions and basil;
- home-made mayonnaise is stored in the refrigerator for at least 2, maximum 3 days, and the sauce from it can be kept in the refrigerator for no more than two days, but it is better to eat it right away, because after a while the greens start juice, it will cause fermentation, which can lead to poisoning ;
- not ideal, but a possible substitute for homemade mayonnaise - factory-made from the store, a good alternative to lemon - lime juice or white wine table vinegar, sunflower oil - olive, and fresh garlic - garlic powder.